Freelance writing services exist to help connect clients with freelance workers, e.g., article writers and freelance workers with gigs. In this article, we focus on some freelance writing sites that offer article writing services, among others.
In today’s market, there are many freelance websites that offer content writing services, blog writing services, and graphic design services, among other things. These sites offer marketplaces for general skills like data entry, professional article writing, SEO writing, social media marketing, and WordPress management.
Read on to discover our selection of the best freelance websites for both article writers and clients looking for a sustainable source of quality content. These sites facilitate both full-time and part-time writing careers. Hence they can also be suitable for clients looking for both short-term and long-term writers. Also, the feature different skill levels suitable for a broad variety of writing.
What Are the Best Freelance Writing Sites?
As mentioned before, today’s marketplace features many sites that offer freelance writing services, with a few famous ones being Scripted, Fiverr, and Upwork. Below are some of the best freelance writing sites available at the moment.
Script Millers is an elite SEO article writing service where companies and individuals can commission content. This site boasts a deep pool of more than 15,000 writers who have vast experience in creating stellar SEO articles, blog posts, Whitepapers, and more. The platform has no shortage of handy tools useful for business owners in terms of keyword research and web development.
Formerly known as Odesk, this site is among the most popular within the freelance space. It provides a robust marketplace that features job postings in different professions, such as freelance writing, content marketing, graphic design, and web development, just to name a few. Clients can post projects, which freelancers can bid on either short-term or long-term arrangement. Past work experience on the site helps establish a freelancer’s reputation. Hence the site is friendly to experts.
When you search “article writing services USA,” you will probably encounter this site more than once. Textbroker is a writing agency which allows clients to find new writers and vice versa. Signing up on the website is free; however, writers have to show proof of citizenship in native English-speaking countries such as the USA, Canada, and the UK.
Upon joining the site, writers can access thousands of writing jobs on different topics. To make it easier and more efficient to work with clients, the site offers project management tools and a method for handling payments. In addition, writers on this site have access to a host of writing tools to improve their writing skills through constructive feedback on the content they produce.
This is one of the oldest and best sites that offer article writing services. The site is designed in such a way that finding potential clients for writers is an easy process. Writers seeking to join must fill out a form, then complete to 250-word writing prompts. Depending on the results of this test, writers can immediately start selecting writing jobs and gaining new clients.
In most cases, writers begin at the standard Writer level and work their way up. Your potential earnings depend on your writing skills and quality of writing.
Although not the most famous among the sites that offer article writing services, flexjobs provides a job board that focuses on enabling professional writers find potential writing gigs and clients. One key benefit of this site is for screening and verification process of all the jobs that they list.
Their screening process means that writers never have to worry about low-paying gigs or scammers. To access this platform, writers have to sign up, then pay a subscription to access the job board. Besides article writing, this site offers a wide range of freelance writing gigs such as web design, copywriting, virtual assistance, SEO, and software development.
Where Can I Write Articles?
With the advent of sites that offer article writing services, writing and publishing articles or blog posts on private websites is not good enough. Posting on your website reduces the chances of people discovering your content.
Therefore, if you intend to gain any meaningful traction, you should venture beyond publishing content only on your website. Also, think beyond sites that offer article writing services. In addition to writing on mainstream platforms like Medium, writing articles on niche platforms can increase the likelihood of people interacting with your content. Without further ado, here are some platforms you can write your articles on.
This platform allows writers to publish existing blog posts. By using the import feature, writers can even add canonical links. One major benefit of this platform is its high-ranking on Search engines, which, if used properly, can increase traffic to blog posts on your website.
Similar to Medium, LinkedIn allows people to write syndicate blog posts. Writers can add these posts to their LinkedIn profiles as LinkedIn Articles.
This is an online discussion board specifically for designers and writers. It allows people to share element ideas and articles.
This platform focuses on enabling writers to become self-published authors. By writing on this platform, you can learn how to improve your writing skills while understanding processes such as marketing and book production.
How Can I Publish an Article Online?
Theoretically speaking, the sheer number of sites that offer article writing services on a diverse range of topics should make publishing articles online a very simple affair. In reality, however, many writers struggle with how and where to publish their articles online. However, publishing articles online should not be a difficult affair, especially if you use methods such as:
- Publishing on Blogs
- Using Your Personal Website
- Taking Advantage of Online Publications
- Utilizing Paid Content Providers
What Are the Highest Paying Freelance Writing Jobs?
As far as sites that offer article writing services go, niche writing is among the most optimal ways to become a successful freelance writer. Now, among the hottest niches, anyone can write in is Internet marketing. If you do your selection wisely, you could specialize in niches that are high paying yet not very competitive. Below are some of such niches with the highest pay among freelance writing jobs.
SEO Writer Jobs
Commonly known as SEO copy and keyword-rich articles, this form of writing is among the best paying, whether done at an individual capacity or in sites that offer article writing services. The reason why this form of writing takes the name ‘keyword-rich articles’ is that the copy or articles are often written around specific keywords or phrases.
Pay per Click Ads Writing Jobs
Nowadays, pay per click is a very common form of advertisement online. If you frequently conduct web searches, you may have encountered these ads before, often strategically placed to the right of the search bar or the search page. Brands pay skilled freelance writers handsomely to compose these little ads.
Landing Page Writing Jobs
Landing pages are the webpages Internet users ‘land on’ when they click ads, e.g., pay per click ads. While most landing pages take the form of a sales copy, landing pages can be either short or long, depending on the objective.
How Much Should I Charge for a 500-Word Article?
Every now and then, you may stumble upon this question on forums such as Quora. Even though most native writers charge upwards of $10 for 100 words, it is possible to find freelance writers who charge a meager dollar or two for an entire article.
While the compensation in sites that offer article writing services varies a lot, the generally accepted industry standard is $5 for 100 words. This rate of payment is very fair and acceptable on the side of freelance writers because, on average, most writers can produce 500-word articles in a single hour, hence arriving at an hourly rate of $25.
How Can I Get Paid to Write?
Below are some common ways people can get compensation for their writing:
- Start a Blog
- Pitch on Guest Posts
- Sign up on Content Sites, i.e., sites that offer article writing services
- Self-Publish a Book
- Become a Copywriter on Sites That Offer Article Writing Services
- Enter Writing Contests
How Can I Write My Own Article?
- Choose a Topic
- Address the Needs of Your Audience
- Do Extensive Research
- Create a Draft
- Make Your Writing Specific
- Read, Revise, and Repeat
How Do You Write a Short Article?
- Create a catchy title
- Write a snappy, concise introduction
- Determine the article’s audience and purpose, and narrow your focus on them
- Write an outline with the major points you wish to discuss
- Create 4 to 6 paragraphs from the outline
- Revise the article
How Do You Write a Perfect Article?
- Create a list of ideas
- Eliminate distractions
- Research effectively
- Write efficiently
- Edit after writing
The Best Sites That Offer Article Writing Services
Over the years, content marketing has become the craze of the internet. Brands can connect with their audiences a lot better without coming across as too salesy by providing consumers with transparent and authentic content. Considering the potential of content marketing to generate more than three times the leads of traditional outbound marketing and its significantly lower costs, it comes as no surprise that article writing services have become popular.
However, not all writing services and platforms offer equal benefits to both writers and clients. It can be quite confusing choosing a good platform to trust your time and money with, given how spoilt for choice people are nowadays. To make your work easier, we dive into some good sites that offer article writing services, their benefits, and drawbacks below.
Compared to other suggestions on this list, Scriptmillers.com is a very extensive SEO article writing service and marketing platform. Famous for its assignment driven way of working, this site can help just about anyone tackle their campaigns with relative ease. Although they specialize in content writing services, they are also good at project management.
While Script Millers has quite the reputation as a content marketing giant, for some people, especially beginners, the platform may come across as too extensive for their needs. If all you require is reliable, quality content, then all the bells and whistles that come with this site may seem unnecessary at best.
On the contrary, if you have rapidly growing marketing needs, and seek better control of your different marketing campaigns, all while getting consistently quality content, then Script Millers is the best company to handle your growth strategy.
- Excellent customer service team, hence peace of mind for both clients and freelancers.
- Provides simple yet efficient solutions for managing marketing campaigns under one roof.
- Reasonable pricing plans for clients and fair payments to freelancers.
- Most users complain of the initial learning curve. Based on all the features they offer, the platform can come across as too extensive for basic marketing needs and objectives.
- Their niche-specific recruitment criteria makes it difficult for writers not specialized in industry-specific areas to join.
As the amazing team at Textbroker say, “get custom content that is fast, affordable, and scalable.” The ultimate aim of this platform is to bring together clients and competent writers, as quickly and efficiently as possible. With a versatile pool of over 100,000 US verified writers, they have no shortage of talent. This is a plus, especially on the client’s side, since it offers them great flexibility in terms of pricing.
What makes the platform unique, however, is their rating system. They follow a 2- to a 5-star rating system. For instance, 2-star Authors receive compensation at a rate of 1.3 cents per word. Comparatively, 5-star authors get compensated at 7.2 cents per word. Also, depending on a client’s desired service, there can be various flexible pricing options.
Such levels of flexibility allow article writers much freedom in terms of selection of writing gigs and freedom for clients in terms of budgeting accordingly. What is even better is the simplistic nature of the site, meaning that the initial learning curve is very short, if any.
- By far, the biggest advantage of this site is its simplicity and ease of use. Clients can receive their content fast and efficiently, while writers can get things rolling as soon as they complete registration.
- Every once in a while, some clients experience issues with the site’s customer service. This is particularly true in terms of turnaround times and revisions, especially when handling low pricing tiers.
- Depending on the time of year, freelancers may have to deal with a severe scarcity of suitable writing gigs.
Founded in 2015 and formerly known as Odesk, this platform has been making major waves in the gig-based economy. The vision of this platform is “to connect businesses with great talent to work without limits.” If you are looking to hire freelancers for your SEO article writing requirements, or you are a freelancer looking for writing gigs, then Upwork is a great place to start.
After creating a free account, you can access its diverse pool of writing gigs and freelancers, depending on what you are looking for. If you are looking for article writers, the platform’s easy setup will have you creating a job and opening it up for bidding by freelancers. Depending on the responses you get relating to your job posting, you can sort through different applicants and settle on a good article writer.
The ease of use of this platform makes it easy for both freelancers and customers to find what they are looking for. One thing to note, however, especially for freelancers, is that compensation for assignments is only released upon completion.
- Upwork is an excellent platform for outsourcing. Many clients who have used this platform can confirm its excellent range of talent, e.g., article writers, book writers, and even voice over artists capable of recording books. Clients can give freelancers their desired prices for services rendered and still receive amazing deals.
- The platform allows users, especially freelancers, to create and define their own schedules. This privilege to organize schedules and to-do lists are among the many amazing benefits of this platform to both its buyers and sellers. Being your own boss does not come any better than this.
- Experience is relatively easy to gain for new freelancers. This is true, especially considering that most job posters hardly care about a freelancer’s experience or lack thereof. As such, even new freelancers have a chance to prove their worth and climbed the ranks of the platform.
- The platform is very competitive since the best freelancers are not always guaranteed to win gigs. Rather, the freelancers that promise the moon at pocket-friendly prices often win gigs the most.
This is yet another very common marketplace that has been around for many years now. Synonymous with fast writing services, this platform offers some of the shortest turnaround times in the industry. However, it has its fair share of controversy, especially regarding their quality of work.
This is because although the platform boasts a massive pool of writers, quality control is often an issue. To address this issue, the platform of different pricing ranges to clients for different levels of quality.
- Their services at very affordable, as their rates are relatively cheaper compared to other sites on this list.
- They are famous for short turnaround times, hence can be suitable for people that require content quickly.
- Their pocket-friendly prices attract a lot of clients all year round; hence freelancers often have lots of gigs to choose from.
- By far, the biggest issue you are likely to face with this platform is receiving low quality work. This issue particularly affects low tier pricing work.
- The requirements for short turnaround times can be stressing on the freelancers, which in turn affects the quality of their output.
Whether you want to make some extra money or find a good freelance writer, freelance sites can help you find the work you are looking for. Job boards are a great place to find and apply for opportunities and establish long-term relationships with freelancers.